A Notary can perform Notarial acts which will be recognised in civil law jurisdictions and other common law jurisdictions, as well as in the United Kingdom. Therefore, most people instruct a Notary when they require a Notarial act for use overseas.
The most common tasks of a Notary are:
• Preparing and witnessing powers of attorney for use overseas
• Dealing with purchase or sale of land and property abroad
• Providing documents to deal with the administration of the estate of people who are abroad, or owning property abroad
• Authenticating personal documents and information for immigration or emigration purposes, or to apply to marry or to work abroad
• Authenticating company and business documents and transactions
Please telephone us on 01394 388411 to make an appointment to see Jennifer.
It helps a lot if you can send, email or fax a copy of the document you need notarised to Jennifer before your appointment. This will enable her to deal with the matter as quickly as possible.
When you attend the appointment, please bring with you evidence of your identity in the form of:
(a) a current valid passport; and
(b) a recent Council tax or utility bill (not mobile phone) to confirm your address.
Unfortunately these documents are required even if you are an existing client of Marshall Hatchick."