When a family member or loved one passes on, somebody must organise their “estate”. A person’s estate is made up of the money, property and any possessions they had at the time they died.
In most cases you will usually have to apply for a Grant of Representation (a Grant of Probate) in order to be able to process their estate. This involves completing an inheritance tax return, (even if there is no inheritance tax payable). All assets in the estate will remain frozen until this document has been received from the Probate Registry.
Our team can provide as much or as little help as you need, and offer tailor-made probate services designed specifically around you. Areas that we can help you with include;
- Registering the death
- Collecting in the financial details of the estate
- Preparing the necessary HMRC forms
- Preparing and submitting the required forms to obtain the Grant of Representation
- Collecting in assets
- Preparing an easy to understand set of Estate Accounts
- Advising in the use of Deeds of Variation
- Handling the sale of any property or land owned by the deceased
Our team of probate experts can meet you at any of our three East Suffolk offices and will guide through this difficult time with compassion and consideration.